Sunday

Let's Talk About Transformation

Have you ever had a transformational experience?  What did it feel like?  Did it change you forever? 

I have been a practicing image consultant for a little over a year now, and I have to tell you I have witnessed women having MAJOR transformational experiences, and it has changed me forever.  Let me tell you about some of them...

All the women have three things in common:
  1. They had been thinking about creating change for themselves, some women actually thought about getting their colors done or finding someone to help them shop for clothes. But they didn't know how to go about finding a style consultant.  So they drew me into their lives in a "law of attraction" way (ie. randomly sitting next to me at a conference and striking up a conversation) In any case they knew they wanted to change their personal appearance which they hoped would change them in a deeper, more significant way. 
  2. They were wide open to hearing my color and style advise, even though it meant that many of the clothes in their closet would have to go.  They were open to the change.
  3. They were 40+ years old, and had never really been sure how to get that put-together look.  Shopping was an overwhelming experience for them, and some of the women avoided it as much as possible, shopping only once or twice a year.
The look on a woman's face when she is finally dressed in the colors and styles that make her feel completely beautiful and radiant in her skin is like "coming home."  She stares into the mirror and finally sees the real, powerful truth of who she is.  And she never looks back....

It's pretty powerful.  I think about how the transformation in a woman's life moves outward to affect her loved ones, friends and acquaintances in a meaningful way.  It's like throwing a pebble into the water and watching the ripples of energy radiating out. 

"As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -- that is the myth of the atomic age -- as in being able to remake ourselves."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

4 comments:

Kellie Frazier said...

It's interesting that color can affect us so deeply whether we're women or men. When my husband sees the sky turn a certain shade of blue he always comments on it as it being his favorite color and you can hear the smile in his voice as he says it. Many of his shirts are that color too and it looks great on him.

This quote: "Beauty seen is never lost, God's colors all are fast." John Greenleaf Whittier

speaks to the transformation you talk about when color is brought into someone's life that brightens their life. Glad to know there are people like you who can help transform others through color. Thanks Linda!

Kellie Frazier dot com

Mark Gubuan said...

This is an interesting post. I did experience a change just recently and I was absolutely floor by what had happened. I know that I made a change, but I didn't really experience what it was until things started to happen more and more.

Gavin Mountford said...

Hi Linda,

Being an image consultant sounds pretty cool and interesting! Is it offline image, ie clothes, dress, hair, makeup etc rather than online?

I help others with their online presence, so it's similar but online :-)

Thanks
Gavin Mountford

Linda Waldon said...

Hi Gavin,

Yes, being an image consultant is the most interesting thing I've ever done! I mostly deal with offline image, but I would imagine the makeover enhances online image as well -- especially wearing the right colors, clothing style, and hair/makeup.

Would love to know more about what you do, as I'm sure there are specifics to "showing up" on video or online.

Linda