Monday

MisMatch or Match?

Which side of this are you on?
Do you like to match your handbag and shoes? Aesthetically I prefer a mismatched look -- it fits my artsy style. Okay, the other reason I don't match bag and shoes is I'm too lazy to switch handbags. Now you know. Plus, my handbags are in a neutral color within my color palette so they go with everything I wear. 

I have a deep regard for women who match their bag with their shoes. Some fashion gurus will say it's not stylish, but I say it can work because it looks very classic, chic and put-together. It takes time and effort to move your belongings to a matching handbag, and I, for one, appreciate the thoughtful effort!




So, which do you prefer? 

3 comments:

SJ said...

Matching. It shows makes me feel "put together" when my shoes and handbag match, or at the very least, they color coordinate. Matched feels Classy and Stylish to me. Everyone has their own style so go with what works for you. For me, Matched is the way !!

Elizabeth said...

Mismatched! And I feel the same way about necklaces and earrings. I try hard to make sure they don't look like they were supposed to go together.

Linda Waldon said...

This is so inspiring to read your very personal responses to this style preference, SJ and Elizabeth. Thanks so much for sharing!