Tuesday

How Do You Know When You Need a Style Consultant?

You know you need a style consultant if:

  • You are stuck in a rut – you keep buying the same colors (black, right?) and the same styles you have been wearing since 1995.
  • You walk into a store and feel confused and overwhelmed with all the choices
  • You buy clothes that look good on a manikin -- a ceramic, non-human form that looks nothing like you!
  • You look into your closet and say, “I have nothing to wear!”
  • You hate shopping
  • You have a special event coming up and you want to look perfectly put together
Almost every time I meet with a new client, I hear the same thing, “…I wear black because it’s easy and it goes with everything,” or “…I don’t like shopping and I don’t think I am particularly good at it, so I only go once a year. And yet it is important in my work to look really put together.”

Do any of these problems ring true for you?

If so, a style consultant can pull you out of your rut, teach you about the colors and styles that bring out your best assets, and even take you shopping to show you how to do it effortlessly and with confidence. The key is SELF KNOWLEDGE. And sometimes it takes a professional consultant to look at you in a new, more artistic and objective point of view.

How do you find a style consultant?

Most of my clients come to me by word of mouth. Ask your friends, co-workers, hair stylist, or your favorite boutique clothing store employees.

If you're still unsure about a consultant’s credentials, you can ask for the names of some past clients to get a feel for how others rate the experience.

Most importantly, be open to change, but make sure you choose someone you're comfortable with and can trust. Change is hard and personal change is even tougher. You do it when you're ready.

And get ready to be your most beautiful (or handsome) self!

No comments: